3.01.2006

Giant Bird Attacks Boxer!


Yesterday, I was innocently walking through the woods, when I saw this cool thing sitting on a branch. With my natural boxer curiosity and enthusiasm, I decided to go meet it. When I reached the end of my leash and could go no further, I decided to speak to it (translated barking and lunging).

My dog walker Amy didn't see the bird, so I finally got close enough to get a sniff. All of a sudden, SLASH! The bird reached out with his giant razor-sharp talons and ripped my face open! My cute face!

When I got home, mom didn't believe the dog walker's story, despite my bleeding nose. She went out, found the monster, and took pictures! While I'm home in pain, she's out being a nature photographer. She says I'm OK, just a little scratch on the nose. I didn't see her get in reach of those claws!

Today I have to start taking antibiotics, and animal control took the bird out of my woods. It was hurt, it seems. I'll need an extra nap today to help me recover.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once spring rolls around our pups become very wary of the Hawks that always seem to nest in one of the huge trees in and around our backyard. They are scary.

threecollie said...

What kind of bird was it?

Deanna said...

Some friends said they thought it was a young red-tailed hawk.

threecollie said...

Now that I can see the picture, that is what it looks like to me too. Poor Cubby

Cairo The Boxer said...

Poor Cubby. I will say a boxer prayer so you can heal up really soon.