11.21.2006

The First Card Arrived!


We got our first Christmas card today, from the DWB Christmas card exchange! We were so excited! Dakota grabbed the card from mom and ran! She wanted to see it first! After a great deal of barking and chasing, I convinced her that she could not open the envelope without wrecking the card, so she finally let mom have it back.
Mom opened it, and it is so cute and funny! It came from Comet and Blu in Arizona! They are some good looking pups!
I wanted to show you the card, but Mom says we can't - she doesn't want to ruin the surprise for any of you guys. Unfortunately for you, I couldn't resist, so here it is!
On the home front, we completed one-fourth of our cards yesterday. It is such hard work - I was exhausted by all the writing and licking - how did people live without computers? Despite the difficulty, I had a lot of fun, so I'll do some more today. Soon they will be ready to send. Our mailboxes will all be full this year!

12 comments:

Ronak said...

Hi Cubby - isn't it so cool to get your own mail? We are participating in a different doggie holiday card exchange and I am so excited to see my cards! I see that you have to wear a coat because you get cold outside. I wish that I could help you out. You see, every night I get brushed and my girl has loooots of hair that she collects and it is very soft and warm because I have two fur coats, you know! She says that some simple spin my fur into angora, but it would be nice to send it to doggies like you who get cold!

Liza said...

Cubby! You are very cute!!!! Thanks for noticing my new collar - you definately know how to flatter a girl!

We loved getting a card from Comet and BLU too!!

We would save you a slice of pumpkin pie - but it might not go through the mail very well! Happy Thanksgiving - Dory

Pippin, the Gentle Pup said...

Wow--you and Dakota are lucky your moms were on the ball for the christmas card exchange. Our people were too lame-o. Maybe next year.

Thanks for posting it though--that way we can live vicariously

Pippin

ranger said...

cubby, i met several of your kind at the dog park the other day. they were kinda pushy, but in the end...we got along fine.

mom says she couldn't do the xmas card exchange...maybe next year?

-*w00f*

Comet said...

Cubby, We are glad you got our card. At first we thought you didn't like it because you scribbled out our pictures, then we realized why.

We are waiting every day for the mail lady to bring us mail. Hopefully our girl will let us grab the mail like your people let you!
Comet and BLU

T-man Angel said...

Oh, you are way ahead of us. We don't even have the cards yet. I hope we send them out before Christmas!! (PS: I got the same card too yesterday. It is fun!)

Boo Casanova said...

hey cubby,

i got mine last night too! can't believe it only took 4 days for the mail man to deliver across the globe! :-)

wet wet licks

Boo

Ben & Darling said...

hey, u guya got xmas card. I want one too!!

Fu Fu said...

Oh Boy.. I'm also working hard on my card now... Hee.. Isn't it great that we'll be getting so many cards this year. :)

~ fufu

Freda said...

Hey Cubby,

It's soo cooools to get cards from all our buddies. I got my 'Blu Comet' (and Lacey) card too.

Happy Holidays to you and yours.

Wuufs!

Buster the Wired Fox Terror said...

What happened to the card? Did you poop on it?

I got my card from Blu & Comet today!

Bussie Kissies
Buster

Maximillian the Valliant said...

Hey Cubby the Calendar Boy!

We got that card too! Thanks for stopping by and for the birthday wishes. Mom says that it is always a bonus to try and drag your birthday out for a whole month...thanks for helping!

M-the-V