11.23.2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! We saw this turkey in a yard on our way to a home visit last week. Isn't he cute? The moms stopped and took the picture, and then sped off as the home owner came outside. They are wild girls!
I had a pretty good day today! I went over to Cousin Dude's house where there were lots of people! The food smelled GREAT!

I got petted by lots of people. I got to go on a walk with mom, Dude, Aunt Gail, and Dude's mom, Ashley - very fun! When I got back, mom found a flea on me - gross! It kept biting my hiney...the nerve. Mom says not to worry, because I use Frontline, but I don't like fleas!

I got some bites of peanut butter cookie (cooked by my cousin Rachel - she is a cookie genius). And to top it all off, I got a piece of turkey! Mmmmm - thanks Grammy! Oh, nobody tell Dakota. She didn't get to go.

To console her for staying home alone, the moms gave her a new ball when we got home. She loves tennis balls. This one, she chewed in half after about thirty minutes of playing almost fetch with mom.
I got no presents, but I guess turkey and getting to go along is good enough.

7 comments:

Fu Fu said...

Hey Cubby. That's a pretty cute looking turkey. Happy thanksgiving. Hope you get lots of yummy foodie. :)


~ fufu

Isabella said...

Your day sounds like it was as much fun as mine. Isn't turkey just the bestest? I felt bad for Dakota till I got to the part where you told us she got a new a ball. That was nice of you all to bring her home a present.

I sure wish I could come to your house- I saw a huge package of toilet paper in your photo! Wow- that would be a dream come true to get a hold of a whole package of TP! Cubby, you gotta a priceless treasure sitting right there beside you!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Isabella

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! But....why did Dakota stay at home? Did you save a bit of turkey for her?

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Happy Thanksgiving Cubby (and Dakota too) - I am thankful to have a great friend in you :-)

Love
Opy

DogMom said...

Whoa, Cubby! Welcome to Gomer and my blog! We're glad you found us. We were checkin' out your blog a minute ago and think you and me (Opie) are related. Well, I'm not a boxer or anything... but we both wear clothes AND we both make crap circles! Wuf Ya! (And a belated Happy Thanksgiving!)

Ronak said...

Happy thanksgiving, Cubby! This year was my first and it was awesome! I didn't get any turkey, but I did get some stuff deemed "safe" by the pesky humans. By the way, we like your blog a lot and we've linked to you from our page if that's ok with you!
I love my tennis ball. Sorry that you didn't get a new toy, but it sounds like you had a super fun day!

The Army of Four said...

Hey Cubby! Thanks for visiting our blog and WHOA! That turkey DOES look like the one we saw - only yours glows. Hmm... you don't think he was microwaved, do you? Ha roooo!
Play bows,
Zim