2.17.2008

I Am Angry!

I have to say, I love my moms. However, some of you humans need to straighten up a little. I just may have to bite someone.

Some days working in rescue is fun and heartwarming. Other days - not so much. This week, Legacy Boxer Rescue got word from a shelter that some people had brought in some puppies and left them at the shelter. If we couldn't take them they would be euthanized the next day.

Someone cared enough to breed them to sell, but when they got sarcoptic mange (easily treatable), they were just so much trash to be left in a shelter.

They have almost no hair, and several kinds of worms. They are itchy and miserable. They are too young to be away from their mom. Legacy sprang into action for these puppies. They got them to a vet and they are warm in foster homes today.

All except this beautiful little boy above. This is Gabriel. He was too sick to make it. It makes me so angry.

The rest of the puppies will be in recovery for quite some time, and they need lots of vet care. Legacy Boxer Rescue could use your help to pay for their care. I know I ask you guys to pitch in often, and I appreciate your support a great deal. We could really use your help again.

You can go here to donate directly through Paypal.

You can buy some boxer merchandise here to help, too.

You can choose GoodSearch to help Legacy at no cost to you.

You can even buy some Cubby Art to help.

Please help me spread the word to help little Gabriel's brothers and sisters to a better life. Then I won't have to bite anyone.

22 comments:

Sarah said...

I will never understand how people can be so cold and cruel to another living thing. It makes me worry about how the adult dogs are treated. I'm very sorry to read this news.

Comet said...

We are so sorry to hear about Gabrial. Humans can be so cruel sometimes.
Comet and BLU

Ferndoggle said...

Oh those poor babies! LBR is amazing and we sometimes wish we live in TX so we could help. But we'll send some $$ to help out. Keep us posted.

Sherman, Penny & Lola

threecollie said...

Poor, poor babies

Myeo said...

Hey Cubby

Thank you for giving my mama words of encouragement while i went missing. She was strong and determined to find me because of all of you.

I am so lucky to have so many friend that care for me. And with this, i hope every pups up there will have a nice forver home.

Love
Baby

Moco said...

This makes Grammie very mad. She would like to bite someone also. She says the people shoudl be put down, not the pups.

Molly the Airedale said...

awwwwwwww, the pups are just so adorable! How can some hoomans be so unfeeling and uncaring! It makes us so mad! grrrrrrrrrrrr

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch

Willie and Waylon said...

We do not understand people either. We want come Cubby art!!!

Willie & Waylon

Agi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joe Stains said...

ARGH humans are big jerkheads. We donated but we wish we could mail 300 lbs of stinky poop to those people!

Cairo The Boxer said...

I am so sorry! Can you press charges to the people...excuse me the monsters who dropped of the puppies?

The good news is they are puppies and will be adopted right away.

I know about that skin thing...I had it too and the vet told my mom that my boxer mom should never breed again. I don't know if my boxer mom ever did because my two legged mom thinks I came from a puppy mill.

Thank you for all you do!! We donated

Simba and Jazzi said...

That is so sad, poor little puppy's.

Simba xx

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh no those poor puppies. Some Hoomans are really evil..

~ Girl girl

Unknown said...

Cubby, we're really sad about Gabriel. The puppies look so itchy and uncomfortable. We'd like to go all samurai on the people who dumped those sick little pups at the shelter. We've never met any bad people, but we're pretty sure that they must be the most rotten people in the whole world.

The Brat Pack said...

We got the email about this and it just makes us sick!!! We know that the pups are now in the best possible hands with LBR.

We're coming out to Hurst this weekend to say hi to LBR and make a donation. We need some Cubby Art too...we've been nagging Mom to send in some pics!

Bear

Ben & Darling said...

OMDOG, how dare they treat us doggie like that??

Peanut said...

Those poor puppies. This really chaps moms hide and ours too. She says mange is nothing. I had demodex and Flash had sarcoptic so she knows mange. She never would have let us go to a shelter. Mom says no money right now but as soon as she has some LBR will be getting some.

Lizzy said...

I don't blame you for wanting to bite someone! Those poor puppies, what a horrible life they've lived so far! I'm so sorry to hear about Gabrial. I hope and pray the other puppies will be okay, and find wonderful homes.

Sparky

The Brat Pack said...

Cubby...
Can you ask your Moms if LBR is collecting items for a garage sale? She thought she saw that somewhere but isn't sure. Our Aunt has some good stuff she wanted to donate if so.

Thanks!
Bear

Paintsmh said...

Those poor poor little puppies!!!!!! That is simply terrible. We saw the cutest little Aussie pup at the NYS Farm show today. A friend of ours just got her and was socializing her, how anyone could hurt a little baby is sickening.

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

hey buddy,

you have been nominated for Awesome Blog Award over at the Bone Zone - head on over and cast your vote :-)

Love
Opy

Izzie said...

Cubby Mama hasn't forgotten you for the work you did on her Regenerations logo. She had to send the computer out for repair this past week and that dodo mama of mine forgot to print out your email first. She'll send it out in tmrw's mail. Perhaps she can put something extra in for Legacy.