3.02.2008

A Visitor/Snack

We had an interesting weekend. A little gremlin decided to start living on our back porch. He wanted to come in and visit, but the moms said no. I was ready to bring out the welcome wagon - really!

The moms tried to get rid of him, but he took up permanent residence, and he was loud! He was so friendly, he would rub on the moms and purrrrrrrr. He even tried to rub on me through the glass door. They think someone moved out of their apartment and left him behind. He was too fat and friendly to be feral.

I was sooo ready for a SNACK! Finally, the moms found a home for the little guy (they were calling him Loompah - he was orange, you know). A very nice lady with other cats now calls him Chaucer, and he gets to live inside like he wanted. He even took over the best spot on the bed! Good job, moms. Thanks for helping that very friendly boy. But he would have made a great snack...

On the boxer front, I thought you guys might like to see Justine's puppies. She had six puppies, but sadly, two of them didn't make it. That happens sometimes with puppies, but it is very sad.

I think we're going to have trouble with this one, though. He already has an attitude!

It seems to be puppy season here at Legacy Boxer Rescue! We currently have 15 puppies at different ages. It's crazy puppiness!

15 comments:

Peanut said...

Oh glad the cat found a home. Grammie would have taken him if she was closer. haha Mom says she has puppy fever and it is a good thing she doesn't live closer to you or she would so be getting one. (if she could pass the home inspection)

PerfectTosca said...

Oh man Cubby, that looks like one of my cats! But it's not because he's still here! Glad the kitty found a home fast because they get to humans in really sneaky ways and next thing you know you could turn out like me with three of em.

Chef said...

Real glad that cat found a home.Otherwise my mom was hopping a plane to your house to pick him up. Whew. That was close.

Mommy wants to kiss the pink nose on that Boxer puppy and so do I! Good luck placing the pups. Ahh spring!

Lady Kaos said...

Mom wishes my cat brother was as friendly and lovey as that cat was. My cat brother has a MAJOR attitude and is only lovey when he's cold. I love the picture of that puppy! That's hilarious!!
Kaos

Moco said...

You are quite the puppy magnet. They are just way to darling. That cat look like a short haired Edgar. We are so glad that you were able to find it a home, but then that is what you do.

Joe Stains said...

That CAT would have been more than a snack, he sure was big! Glad he found a nice new home!

That puppy looks like he might have a little bit of a Stain attitude!

Comet said...

We think the cat would have made a tasty snack too. Do bad you didn't get just a little taste before your moms found him a new home.
The puppies are so cute.

Natasha Fernz said...

Hey Cubby...

The pups are adorable... Am sad that two of them passed on... sigh...

Hope all is well with you... them cats are darned annoying if you ask me. We have a permanent resident cat Mishka too! Argh!

Hugs
Cleo

Cairo The Boxer said...

I am so glad you guys found the cat a home. I bet it would have made a great snack. I guess the cat knew your moms we into helping animals.

15 puppies!!! Man oh man you guys are busy. The good thing is those little guys will be adopted in no time. After all who doesn't want a puppy! I know my parents do. They think I need a puppy because I am VERY alpha.

Simba and Jazzi said...

Evil cat, becaref, they attack without warning. I love the little puppies.

Simba x

Rosie said...

Cubby, Shadow says you went about that all wrong. He says you are supposed to ask to hold the kitty real nice, then smear it with cream cheese when nobody is looking. Tasty bits!

Puppies are cute!

cookie said...

Your little gremlin is way cute!! He looks just our brother Tigger. He is super lovey too.
Mom won't let us eat him either.

It's really nice you gound him a home.

The puppies are super! Thank goodness for the rescue!

Cookie and crew

One of the pack said...

Cool Cat. And Cool Moms for helping!
Come on, Cubby. Admit it. That's a pretty savvy cat.

Witty Kitty

♥Mona + Prissy + Angel Weenie♥ said...

Hi Cubby,

Sorry I've been away for so long but their are so many blogs to read & the Mommy works so much she is hardly ever home.

That sure is a big cat. I'm found a good on but I bet he would have been a good snack for ya.

Those are some really cute puppies and I think the litle one sticking his tongue out is so cute.

Mona

Crikit, Sparky, Ginger! said...

Oh my golly Junstine's puppies look so adorable!! If we didn't know better I thought that was our Pounce outside ya'lls door! Someone left him behind after moving out of the complex but our Auntie took him in. We so happy your fur friend gotta home.

Love them puppies XOXO