6.09.2006

New Diets


Dakota went to the vet today because she has a hurt foot - rather, we thought she had a hurt foot because she was chewing on it. As it turns out, the vet thinks her foot is fine.

But, she had gained 2 pounds since the last appointment. Now, she must go on a diet of only lettuce and water. She won't mind. She thinks lettuce is yummy. (Mom says she still gets dog food, but I keep telling Dakota that it's lettuce and water only - don't tell her!)

After they got home from the vet - I waited diligently at the door the whole time - we took mom to the doctor. The doctor says mom only gets to eat white food for the next few days. I say that means wedding cake, ice cream, milk, sour cream, mayonnaise, Twinkie filling, coconut, frosting, and King's Hawaiian Rolls. Sounds good to me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you sure can make white food sound good.

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

I can sympathise with poor Dakota :-( I am also alittle too large for my body - and always get put on diets. The one that works for me best, I have posted over at the www.dogswithblogs.com.au discussion boards - under Health, Opy's diet. Have a look - there is also lots of other useful information and fun things there too.
Love,
Opy

Cairo The Boxer said...

I have a the opposite problem. I only weigh 42 lbs. Mom is always feeding me so I can get some fat on me. Mom and dad think I am too skinny.

Anonymous said...

Lettace is yummy!! And white food? Bread can be white. I think that diet sounds ok to me!!
Chocolate Kisses,
Coco the Lab