8.29.2006

Walkin' After Midnight


Last night we went walking late. Why, you ask. Well, I'll tell you. The mommies spent an hour talking to sucky Charter about why the high-speed internet has not been working. Never fear, the fantastic service department at Charter scheduled a service guy to come out in three weeks to fix it. Then they told the mommies they could tranfer them to billing to get a credit on their account. How nice. Except the wait time to talk to billing was over 15 minutes due to the high volume of calls - at midnight! The mommies hate Charter.

But, the walk was fun. There were no sprinklers, which is not good, because Dakota whines about being hot and thirsty. If she was cool like me, she would just drink out of the water bottle. Duh. I love the water bottle, and I love it more because Dakota fears it.

We eventually saw a cat and some bunnies. Mom even got a picture of a bunny between her curses on Charter. I told that bunny all about what I would do if this leash broke. It was frozen in fear.

I guess cursing is bad luck, though, because on the way home, mommy stepped on a piece of glass, and it went all the way through her shoe! Yikes! Just imagine what that sucker would have done to my poor naked foot. People who drink that smelly brown stuff (Cairo, this means you) should not throw the bottles on the street. The dogs, bunnies, and armadillos have to walk there with no shoes. So don't mess with Cubby - throw your empties in the trash.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see a "wrabbit"!! Did you see my post about the "wrabbit" my mommy bought for me?
Its funny Dakota will not drink out of the water bottle. My sister Coco is terrified of drinking water unless it is in her bowl at home. She will go thirsty instead!!!
Nubblies,
Charlie

Isabella said...

Yikes! Did your mommy hurt her foot? I sure hope not! yeah- what'd with those rabbits freezing likethat? Do they think they become invisable? Silly rabbits!
Big Wags,
Isabella

Sam I Am said...

cubby~
sh be very quiet, we're huntin wrabbit.I sure hope you got that silly wrabbit..

Lot's of Lick's
Sam

Cairo The Boxer said...

Sorry Cubby! Next time I will have my parents pick-up after me. Hope your mommy did not get hurt.

katy said...

Wow Cubby, you sure do have fun walks. We never see any other cool animals and you seem to be running into them all of the time. Lucky!
Love,
Daisy & Diesel

fee said...

wow, how cool to go for a midnight walk! sounds like a real adventure to me!

yeah, those litterbugs really ought to clean up their act. fancy leaving bits of glass around like that. tsk tsk!

loves,
fee

ranger said...

wow! i don't think i would like to walk in the dark. it kinds still scares me.

-*w00f*