11.10.2007

The Day After

We were too busy celebrating Dakota's big day to post yesterday, and then we had excitement today, so you will have to wait for the actual birthday day post, but this is how happy Dakota is!




Today, the moms left us alone and went to the Legacy Boxer Rescue adoption fair. There was lots of excitement and kisses (that I missed). I could tell from smelling her that she got kisses from all of these boxers. I am miffed, but they sure are cuties! Mom even thought maybe Beatrice could come live with us!


I also smelled these two guys! Remember them? Sarge (Carter) and Patch (Blade)!


They came in to get some shots for Patch, and their mom, Rachel, and gram, Sue, brought Dakota a birthday present. They said she had to share with me.


She could tell it was for her because it was in a girlie pink bag! She stuck her head right in and pulled out a duck!


I don't see any sharing! She was obsessed with the duck until mom pulled out the yummy treats! I love cheese!




After two treats, she went right back to the duck (no sharing).

Because the moms knew she would not share the duck, they bought me my favorite croaking soccer ball! Yeah!

When I starting croaking it, Dakota came over and quacked her duck, and then she kept putting it on my head, trying to get me to leave my beloved toy and chase her! Does she think I'm stupid?

She chewed so hard on the duck, her ears were flying in the air! Somehow, a wing fell off the duck later, and he stopped quacking.

Dakota wanted to tell Sue and Rachel thank you in person, but she caused so much mess and destruction the last time she went over there, that mom decided a video would have to suffice.

Dakota says thanks!


11 comments:

Peanut said...

How cool a duck. And of course your to smart to fall for dakota's tricks

Moco said...

What a bestest birthday bird. You both look like you are having a good time with your treasures.

Joe Stains said...

you did a BIG yawn there Cubby! That duck toy is VERY cool looking, I am jealous. Tanner smashes toys into my head too, what a doofus!

wally said...

Yay! happy burpday Dakota! Glad you got to share in the burpday booty.

wally.

Charlie said...

Happy Birthday, Dakota!

Harry said...

Happy birthday Dakota. Nice duck!

Toodle pip,
Harry x

Crikit, Sparky, Ginger! said...

aw coool toys! we know ya'll are having fun and we wanna join ya. Great barkdy pressies!

Lots of Love Licks Tx Trio wagging tails & barking loud!

Simba and Jazzi said...

oooo your very own duck to kill. Enjoy!!!


Simba xx

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Happy late Barkday sweet Dakota - hope you had a wonderful day :-)

Big hugs to both you and Cubby :-)

Love
Opy

MJ's doghouse said...

wow..you had some very cool gifts...i love the duck...they have such a cute quack....

Ferndoggle said...

I have that same Duck! But I broke the quacker. I'm gonna ask Santa for a new one.

Dakota sure does look happy! I hope she had a great barkday.

I'm sad no one's adopted Dora yet. Maybe I should ask Santa to send her a new family. Yep, I'm gonna do that.

Lola