6.24.2006

Cubby Cottontail


Aaaargh!!!

I have warned them about this humiliation! And it's not even Easter. If they insist on dressing us in this ridiculous attire, they could at least do it ON the appropriate holiday!

But, no, they have to wait until the bunny ears are on SALE! Then come home from the adoption fair with NO treats and NO toys. Just stupid ears and poop bags. I'm starting to think I am only here to amuse them.

Don't they know this is not funny (I did enjoy the ears on Dakota - hehe). Boxers are dignified beasts. We protect the home and family. We can't scare intruders with fuzzy bunny ears. We play with gusto. A guy can't have gusto with bunny ears. Where will it end...antlers in February, bunny ears in June...will we have an Uncle Sam hat and sparklers in September? Will I be dressed as a pumpkin for Christmas? THE HORROR!

Now I must go think of a stinging retaliation for those two...

9 comments:

Roxie, Sammy, Andy and Shermie said...

Poor Cubby Cottontail -- but you are the most distinguished boxer with bunny ears we have ever seen. (Don't ask how many we have seen, it won't sound as much like a compliment then.)

Roxie, Sammy & Andy

threecollie said...

There must be something you can hide or chew up or....even worse....to get even. The indignity of it all.

katy said...

Oh Cubby, I think you look adorable. It is pretty rude to not bring you home any treats. What were they thinking?

MJ's doghouse said...

Hey little dude...I feel for you. My mom thinks I am cute in a santa suit, silly hats, a towel with a hat...she some dog with a hate and doggles the other day and wants me to get some....will the insanity every end.....(but she did buy me a dinosaur bone to chomp on)

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Oh dear Cubby ! That is a crime ! Your humans deserve to be taken to task over this one ! How dare they ! I would leave them some pee-mail in their bed as punishment ! Or make them wear the ears !
Oh dear, oh dear.....
Love
Opy

Brody the Bulldog said...

Such hazing should be reserved for dogs of the feline persuasion. At least, you should be comforted in knowing that you're not the only one.

Isabella said...

Ahh Cubby! You two look so cute with those bunny ears. I know it doesn't reflect your masculinity, but personally, I don't care for the tough macho dogs. I like guys that are in touch with their feminine side, dontcha know? Those ears are so cute on you, I bet they help you get yummy treats and lots of attention.
Big Wags,
Isabella

Cairo The Boxer said...

Cubby I still think your cute. After all you are my Texas b-friend.

Anonymous said...

Our mom is always making us dress up in some stupid costume!! Why do moms do that??
Charlie and Coco