6.30.2006

Doctor Blues


Today I went to to the vet. What are these people thinking? I gave them kisses and hugs, and guess what they gave me? Trouble!

One lady took my temperature (do you know how they do that? Yikes!). Then the vet stuck a needle in my front leg to take blood. She squirted stuff in my nose. She poked needles in my hiney three times. She felt all over me (that part was nice). She put cold metal on my chest and made us all be quiet. Then she poked something in my ears. That hurt - I even cried. I usually like going there, but this time was not so fun.

It was very disconcerting, but I got a little chewy treat at the end. I have to go back for another shot in a couple of weeks. Maybe I'll get another chewy and some more kisses. Now I'm home and happy, ready for my night-time walk!

4 comments:

Cairo The Boxer said...

I love going to the vet. I give my vet lots of kisses. I don't know why I love the vet I just do. I am always just happy to go anywhere. I hope next time it will be better.

threecollie said...

Poor Cubby, hope you are soon feeling like a new pup!

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Poor Cubby,

I hope that you are okay ! Going to the Vet is no fun at all - although Charlie likes it, but he has no brain :-)

All those needles surely must warrant some extra human attention ?

Love
Opy

Isabella said...

I tell ya, Cubby, these vet people are evil! Linda keeps telling me they do these awful things to us for our own good, but I am just not seeing the love in jamming needles into our skin, sticking things up our butts and in our ears, and even cutting us wide open sometimes and then sewing us back up like are humans sew the stuffing back in our toys. We aren't toys! Yikes! Have you seen the picture of Chani's leg?!?
Hope you are all going to have a fun holiday coming up. Out holiday started today 'cause Mike is off work all next week. I love it when he is home with us. We might grill some shrimp and brauts.
Big Wags,
Isabella